she who is the tough cookie that got moist

Thursday, September 23

Haven't people learn by now that there is the word don't in the phrase 'don't judge a book by it's cover'? Perhaps not? Perhaps people enjoy being noobs?

I know as a person, I put up a tough exterior in public. Anybody and even nobodies tend to think that I'm one tough cookie because I always act like I don't give a damn about what people think or say about me or that I wear the "anger and frustration" pendant more days than "sad and vulnerable" like it's my lucky charm.

But didn't the thought that perhaps I just try to put a strong front, publicly because it is my external, number 1 shield but inside, the things you, him, her or they do, actually eats me up?

Just because a person seem oblivious to her surroundings or just because I don't sulk over at a corner after a bad day or two doesn't mean I don't feel unhappiness or pain. A tough cookie ain't always tough even though it seems to be on the outside...once in a while...moist seeps in and that so-called toughness crumbles down to cookie bits and pieces.

Perhaps I should stop acting tough and start showing vulnerability? Maybe that's easier for those who are cognitively challenged.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Hey ling, by being vulnerable, you are not putting yourself in any better situation but rather you will be an easy target for people to take advantage of you.
This will put you in a much more lower position than putting an anger and frustrated front...

Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses, so why don't you try to use your strengths to overpower your weaknesses.

Instead of putting up a anger , frustration and a vulnerable front, why don't you believe in your self to be confident and feel positive towards your own self,
people will inherently know that and they will respect you for that same reason.

Last but not least, always remember that they are people out there that loves you and will support you in no matter what you do... so worry not and be that awesome person you're meant to be! :)

Life is no perfect...
*Shit happens , we've just gotta know how to deal with it!*

:)

Anonymous said...

(Kev) Sigh...it was just one of those days... That term "shit happens" really suck bigtime :(

You have a very very good point. And I know there are people out there that loves me <3

Post a Comment

Your turn to say and I will leave a Christmas gift on your doorstep. Kidding!
No, seriously...